Official association of Britain’s Brigade of Gurkhas

News and updates from around the world


Everyone has different needs when they leave the Service and for some it can be quite stressful.  Where you have particular worries about the future, it is very important that you discuss your needs with your resettlement advisors and Service welfare staff as early as possible so that the right assistance can be offered in time to make a difference.

There are a number of other organisations that may be able to give you help and advice either before or after you have been terminated, particularly Service and ex-Service charities. The MOD has an agreement with two of the leading Service and ex-Service charities you may wish to use.

  • The Royal British Legion  (except in Scotland)

You and your family members are eligible for support from

  • The Regimental or Corps Headquarters/Associations
  • Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA)
  • Veterans Welfare Service (VWS)
  • Service charities. If you want help from a Service or Ex-Service charity you will need to complete a consent form that comes with your Service Leavers Pack and send it to the charity you have selected.  This form will be used to record your preference for passing your personal details, as authorised by you, to the charity selected.
  • ABF The Soldiers’ Charity

In addition you will automatically become a member of the Gurkha Brigade Association.

You should also receive an invitation from your RHQ to join your own Regimental or Corps Association, which will enable you to be kept up to date with Regimental/Corps news and developments and to access Benevolence should you or your families experience difficulties or hardship.

As you prepare to leave the Army you may encounter specific Gurkha related transitional welfare requirements.  Your Unit Welfare Officer, Army Welfare Service or SSAFA may transfer these requirements to the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA) Veterans Welfare Service (VWS) who will be able to provide you with ongoing support.

Specific support for Gurkhas is also available from the Gurkha Welfare Centre UK.

There are a number of other Service and ex-Service welfare organisations, who provide general welfare support, advice, signposting and funding.

Latest from Instagram