The 10th Princess Mary’s Own Gurkha Rifles (abbreviated to 10 GR), was originally an infantry regiment of the British Indian Army. Over the years the regiment has had several changes of designation and composition, and traces its ancestry, battle honours and its number back to the 10th Madras Infantry, raised in 1766.
The regiment first recruited Gurkhas in 1890 and campaigned in Burma before fighting in the First World War, the Third Anglo-Afghan War and the Second World War. Following India’s independence in 1947, it was one of four Gurkha regiments transferred to the British Army.
From 1948 to 1960 it was very active in the Malayan Emergency and in 1963-66 in Indonesian Confrontation. It was amalgamated with the other three British Gurkha regiments to form the Royal Gurkha Rifles in 1994.
|President||General Sir Garry Johnson KCB OBE MC|
|Chairman||Colonel N D J Rowe|
|Membership Secretary||Captain H G W Stanford – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hon Treasurer||Major S A Archer|
|Gurkha Secretary||Captain Bhaktabahadur Limbu – Bhakatalimbu@gmail.com|